Some of the nootropics are able to improve mental and physical performance. Here is the list of nootropics with stimulant properties:
- Phenotropil, also known as PhenylPiracetam. It is a nootropics compound with pronounced stimulative effects. A good alternative to Modafinil. Here is an overview of various clinical trials and studies of Phenotropil.
- Mildronate is a drug primarily used to treat cardiac diseases. It is also may improve mental and physical performance. Mildronate became popular in the sport after doping scandal.
- Actovegin is a drug isolated from calf blood, used in the treatment of injuries and cerebrovascular disorders, and in sports as a performance enhancer.
- A small Adrafinil review which is another Modafinil alternative. It is a pretty popular supplement to improve concentration and promote wakefulness. And here is an article about other modafinil alternatives.
- Metaprot (a trade name of Bemitil) is an adaptogen nootropic developed in the Soviet Union for military purposes. It has a stimulant action and does potentiate the effect of nootropic drugs (e.g Piracetam).